8.18.18 CONSCIOUS CONSTRUCTION Experiential Workshop
Conscious Construction, a program of CultureSeed, invites you join us for an inaugural experiential workshop with local builders demonstrating straw bale, timber framing and hybrid techniques to interweave modern and natural building methods. Join us for a unique hands-on experience on the building site of the Atlan Community House, located on 150 acres in the Columbia Gorge region, and the home of CultureSeed.
Conscious Construction brings mindfulness based sustainable construction education to transform the culture of building.
- 9am Meditation, Yoga, Qi Gong intro practice
- 10am - 12pm education morning: Intro to Conscious Construction, Overview of program, principals, and project
- 12pm lunch
- 1pm - 4pm hands on experiential learning with local builders demonstrating straw bale, timber framing and hybrid techniques to interweave modern and natural building methods used on the Atlan Community House.
- 6pm Shine Yoga and Dance Party Event (optional registration link here)
Free Sunday Volunteer Work Party with Conscious Construction crew to apply skills
- 10am Meditation, Yoga, Qi Gong and Snacks.
- 11am Start working together to build this unique Straw Bale Community Home in the heart of Atlan Center. The work site will be bumping with music until the day ends with a fun gathering. All are welcome!
Camping is optional Friday night, please arrive between 6 & 9pm, Saturday or Sunday (check out by 4pm). $10 anight for camping.
Please register for Saturday (((Shine))) dance event here. $10 tickets for Conscious Construction workshop participants.
Driving Directions: Atlan Center is located at 37 Nestor Peak Road, White Salmon, WA 98672. From HWY 14, head north on HWY 141 for about 6 miles. Turn left on Northwestern Lake Road. After the road turns to gravel, you will drive by the Atlan Artifactory building on the left and then the garden on the right. Continue up the road and take a sharp turn left to stay on Nestor Peak Road where it intersects with Buck Creek Road. Follow Nestor Peak Road for a short distance and turn left onto the first gravel driveway. We will meet you at the signed parking area and use carts to transport your things to Forest Camp.